klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Monday, May 18, 2009

Okay I think that it is time to share a little too much information.
This lovely structure is the bathroom for all of the kitchen.
Yes that is a board and rock holding it together.


Yes that is daylight shining between large cracks.

Yes that is the door that does not close all the way.

Yes that is a little mini toilet.
Yes those are the buckets that you use to poor water into the toilet.
And Yes I have used this bathroom on more than one occasion.
Yes I am always wondering who is peeking in the cracks. Yes I have chased peekers away. (Franklin)
No I am not complaining, it is way better than 85% of the ¨bathrooms¨ that are on the mountain. I am thankful for the fact that we have a toilet and not a hole. We have walls of wood and not plastic or sheets. We have a roof and considering we are at the bottom of the mountain that is a really big deal. It is cleaned everyday with disinfectant and water by the ladies in the kitchen, so no complaints.
I am also very thankful that no one on the mountain can afford a camera.
But........ if there is anyone out there who is interested in funding some much needed repairs, walls and a door, new barrel for water, feel free to let me know. It would be much appreciated and well used. I can guarantee that it will not be just flushing money down the toilet!

1 Comments:

Blogger JMAS said...

Okay, I will admit it. This bathroom is one part of the life that I have been unable to fully embrace. In the three years that I have worked in this community, I have only used this bathroom a handful of times. It has to be an EXTREME emergency for me. I guess I am a little too much city girl in the toilet department. So, if anyone would love to help prevent further abuse to my bladder, I would love for the help, also.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home