klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It is awesome how God puts the right people together at the right time.
Gustabo is a six year old little boy who has not felt well for a long time now.
He is very small for his age and very thin.
You can feel all of the bones in his back and his little arms are not
much bigger than his two year old sister, Katerin.
He has been getting sick at his stomach almost everyday,
he is tired and cranky a lot of the time. He always has a runny nose.
We have taken him to the doctor several times.
They have given him medicine for his stomach and told
his mother to watch for him to lose weight. We have been giving him
vitamins for over a year, hoping that it would help.
A couple of weeks ago we found a doctor that would do some more
extensive tests. We now know that Gustabo has a parasite as well as sever anemia.
the doctor wrote him three prescriptions.
The first two we found without a problem, but they didn't have the third prescription.
We gave the medication to Gustabo's mother at church on Sunday
and told her we would try to get the other one somewhere else.
We went to the big 24 hour pharmacy and they did not have it.
We went to price-mart and they didn't have it either.
I was getting somewhat upset about not being able to find it.
I was also beginning to think that I wasn't going to be able to find it.
The doctor had told us that this medication was very important.
That he has to have it everyday and can not miss it .
His anemia is very bad and if we can't get it under control then he could be in a lot of trouble.
I really wanted to find this medicine.
We had to run by the lawyer's office and I noticed that there
was a small pharmacy in the corner and we decided to give it one more try.
The pharmacist spoke English. I was pleased by that.
After he looked at the prescription he told me that it was no longer manufactured
under that name but a new one.
He got the medication, showed me that it was the same, and then ask why I was buying it.
I told him about the work we were doing with the children
in Mololoa and that it was for a little boy whose mother
could not pay for it.
He was very supportive and thankful that we were helping his people.
He gave me a business card I can use to save 30% on our prescriptions.
He then ask if I could wait a minute he had something for me.
Sure I said no problem.
He came out if the back with a box full of Antibiotics, advil,
vitamins, stomach medicine, and more.
I was really blown away.
He then labeled each box in English
so that we would know what was what.
He also said that if we needed more he would try to get some for us.
He said that he would like to work up in the community with us
to help the children. Maybe do a medical clinic and give out free medication.
I never would have went to this small little pharmacy unless I was desperate.
I was turned away from the large commercial pharmacies time and again.
God led me to this little hole in the wall store for a reason.
I went in with a prescription and not much hope.
I left with a box full of medications and a heart full of thanks.
God always puts me where I need to be.
And when I get there it is always so much more that I had imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home