klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mothers Day 2006

I was really worried about Mothers Day this year. This is my first year without my mother and I was dreading the thought of no longer having a mother to spend the day with. So I decided to throw myself into a mothers day project for the ladies at Mololoa.

Randy gave the sermon on Sunday morning and Jen and Fabs taught the children's class. Well after realizing how much fun the kids had last week we decided to have the children make tissue paper flowers for their mothers. The children had a wonderful time. They worked so hard to fix their flowers just right. They pulled the tissue paper trying to get them just perfect. I think they were all beautiful. I was the lucky recipient of a few beautiful flowers.

Live flowers are very affordable here. We decided to buy flowers for all of the ladies at the church. On Friday night we( Jen, Alora, Katrina, and Fabs) made small bouquets of flowers tied with a pretty ribbons. We passed them out after church on Sunday. The woman were so happy to get their flowers.

Well mothers day ended up being pretty good. I spent the day with some very good friends, and made a bunch of children and mothers very happy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u mean the Mayor was preaching!!!
I wish I could have been there.

I am in the process of trying to get
church started in North Port..
Please put that on your prayer list.

Tell everyone hello and we are praying for you daily.

Love
Ken & Deb Stewart
John17 3

12:49 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I love sitting here reading about everything going on! You guys are amazing and the more I have gotten to know you the more I have seen Christ in everything yall are continuously doing! So keep on! My heart breaks when I read the stories b/c I miss everything and everyone!! Love on the kids for me!! Your in my daily prayers! Te amo mucho mucho!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home