klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Thursday, January 11, 2007

THAT MEANS THEY'RE OURS!!!!

I'm sure that most of you know our dear friends Jen Write and Karen Vaughn. They are the two ladies who decided to come to Honduras to live, love and work in a children's home called Casa de Esperanza. They stayed with us for several months during the building process and I was blessed to add two special people to my heart. I love these girls and I admire their dedication and their amazing hearts that they so willingly put on the line for the sake of little lost children in need of love.

Okay this blog is about a Christmas dinner like no other....

Jen and Karen are up to ten kiddos, little kids. We wanted their family to join us for a special dinner. Here at our House. Yep that's right all of the crazy, fun, crying, hollering, jumping, running, hugging, kissing, messy, grinning, hyper, sleepy, wonderful children were coming to our home.

I worked for two days to make an American Christmas dinner, from turkey to sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, to pumpkin pie. We set the table and brought in a special kids size table and chairs for the little ones, pretty plates and napkins, flowers and decorations everywhere. I was so excited to have my friend's family in my home.

They all came marching, crawling, jumping and skipping into the house. A few of them were a little shy for a nano second. The next thing I know Randy is tackled and down. Cartoons are playing. The puppies are running. And the house was full of the lovely sound of children's laughter. It was awesome.

The children all sat down and bowed their little heads to pray. Dinner came and everyone got to try a few new things. For little kids they could sure eat. I think Jen and Karen enjoyed some American dishes that they haven't had for a while and everything went surprisingly smooth. After dinner we broke out the Jello squares. Okay they are a little messy but that's okay I have tile and they were all going home with Jen and Karen.

Playtime outside for most and naptime for a few. And then mini cupcakes with sprinkles. Yep we did it. We didn't ask we just broke out the sugar. Cupcakes were eaten, cupcakes were worn, cupcakes were dropped and we even had a run by frosting licker who could lick the frosting off a cupcake and put it back on the tray so fast you didn't realize what was happening until you saw the naked cake sitting there. Did I mention that I have a hard time saying no to little ones? So I didn't. I figure I get to be the fun Aunt and that Jen and Karen get to do the dirty work.

It was a great time and I can't wait to see them again. When they were leaving one little one was sitting on the steps next to a few bags of fruit that I was sending home with Jen and Karen. She ask Jen Arnold if it was ours. Jen said no it is Jen and Karens. She grinned and threw up her arms. That means they're Ours! Yep that about sums it all up. Jen and Karen saw these little ones, God said take them home and they threw up their arms and said..THAT MEANS THEY'RE OURS!

3 Comments:

Blogger JMAS said...

You couldn't have described the scene better. And what an analogy...Yes, they are ours. Lives that were empty and lonely are now full of fruit, hammocks, and most importantly love. I don't know who is blessed more--Jen and Karen or the kids.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You all are doing such an amazing work over there!! Melissa, we think you're the best "blog writer" there is!! We always enjoy reading your posts.

Keep Up the Great Work!!
Mark, Laura & Ashley

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

laI just now got the blessing of catching up on your blog and tearfully reliving this precious day and your servant heart inviting us ALL in. what a gift to watch our kiddo's get to feel at home in your house. not an easy task to take in 10 little lively beings, but you did it like such a trooper!! thank you.

i can tell you who's blessed more...I AM!!! cause they're mine for such a time as this and I go to bed every single night wondering why I get to be any part of their precious little lives and thanking God for such a gift.

we love you guys so much!!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home