klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Do we neglect God?
I don’t mean intentionally but by just everyday living, I mean you have to go to work you have to clean up the house ,the yard, the kids, there is school and homework and practices, trips to the market, and let's not forget to squeeze in Church on Sunday and maybe Wednesday, Extra early to get the kiddos to Sunday school, and what about teaching a term, help out in the nursery, and then your teens want to go out with the youth group and have devotions and camps, and, and, and that is life.
But that is not living, we do have "stuff" that has to be done and that some of that "stuff" is good and is pleasing to God. But I have to imagine it like this if I had a beautiful baby I would take care of her, food, clothes, shelter, education, spiritual guidance, and this child would grow. But if I never take the time to stop and look at this child embrace this child, love this child then I am truly neglecting this child. Are we neglecting God by not taking the time to stop and look at God, to embrace God, to love God, then I think no matter the works, the time or the effort we are neglecting God.
Don’t get me wrong I know the importance of works, I live my crazy life getting carried away by works and ever so often God has to refocus me.
Loving God and being loved by God is the greatest romance in history, in eternity, someone you don’t even know loves you to distraction, literally enough to pursue you to death for the sake of that love. To want to be with you so badly that he was willing to do whatever it took to buy your freedom. He loved you so much that he lets you decide if you want a relationship, and when you do he is there with open arms, always faithful.
The greatest romance in all eternity and it involves you.
A lot of us have had relationships that have failed, maybe you have had your heartbroken or been betrayed? Maybe you are afraid to open your heart to someone. Open your heart up to a true relationship where you will never be betrayed, forgotten or forsaken, where your beloved can be with you. You can embrace this love and let it fill you full to overflowing.
He is there he is always there just waiting………………………………...........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home