klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Friday, January 12, 2007

Brandy
Brandy Barrnett is a wonderful special person and I an honored to call her my friend.
Brandy took her entire Christmas vacation from school and dedicated her time and resources to coming to Honduras to work with us. I really have to say that I admire her unselfish act. I am sure that she missed her family and I know that her Christmas gift was this trip. But she loves the people of this country and feels like the Lord calls her here and not only did she listen to the call she responded.
Brandy came in on Saturday and went straight out to Mololoa to help. She got right with the program and worked with laughter and joy. The entire time Brandy was here she was working. The Lord has given her the gift of joy and she shares it with everyone.
The following is a list of a few of the things she did while she was here.
Worked in the kitchen serving the children
went shopping at the food market
loved on Walter and made him feel like a special little boy
Sang and sang and sang
baked chocolate cakes
made two hundred cupcakes with gummy bears and sprinkles
encouraged our family with her good attitude and joyful spirit
hauled yucky river water to a yucky bathroom
felt sick and still went to work
taught the English class with laughter even though she couldn't speak Spanish
taught 138 children in Sunday school on Christmas eve
sat beside me when the mariachi band serenaded us for an hour
handled tamales which she hates
sat in the back of the pick up handing out leftovers to homeless children on the streets and people digging in the dumpster
shared her bed when we over booked the house
played porko and almost won
helped bake chocolate chip cookies and eat them
baked cookies in Casa de Esperanza
loved on my puppies
loved on the children in the community
never grumbled or complained
I could go on and on but you get the point
My family considers her a part of our family and our ministry and I ask that everyone pray for her as she returns back to her studies and her life in the States. I pray that she can come again soon she is always welcome in our home and our hearts.
Brandy we will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home