klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Do you ever feel like asking God....Are you sure?

I do, I know that this comes from my own limited understanding of the nature of God and my own short sightedness. I often ask are you sure about this. I am often not sure at all, in fact sometimes I am sure that I shouldn't, but God is sure.

In the last couple of years I have ask, "Are you sure?" a few times.

When the opportunity to move to Honduras and to share the good news to the people of this country was made available I ask," Are you sure?"
I mean it is a long ways from home, I don't have any friends or family there, I have two teenage daughters, I like my house, my car, my swimming pool, we are still working, saving for the future, I don't speak the language. I had a million excuses.

When we begin to ask ourselves the really hard questions and have to sacrifice people and or things that we love or enjoy to put the kingdom of God first we are tempted to make excuses. There are many people who say they want to do the Lords work --but not yet.

God was sure he wanted me in Honduras. It is now home, I miss my family but I appreciate the time we have together so much more, I still have my friends and I have made new ones as well, my daughters are living a full life in which the focus is not their wants and desires, not the pressure of their peers, but of seeing the needs of others, knowing that they can make a difference that has eternal ramifications in a person's life, instead of trying to please their peers they look to please God. My car, house and swimming pool? I don't need them, how can a swimming pool compare to seeing a young man who has been in my Sunday morning class for a year move to the adult class and then accept Christ and be baptised for the remission of his sins, it can not compare, we are still working, but God is providing, we are saving for our future, a future in heaven. The language, sometimes the language of love is best communicated in silence, in holding a child and wiping tears, in sharing tears and hugging a friend, I can share my faith in a number of ways other than verbally, In the way I live my life I can do more to show people what it means to me to be a Christan than in a thousand words. Oh and I am doing okay with the Spanish thing, not as good as Katrina, but okay.

My excuses were just that, excuses. They came from worldly fears, I was not letting go of my life to take hold of Christ. When you accept Christ you have to let go of your life, it is no longer your own. We have to decrease and allow the spirit of God in us to increase, when we do this we will be free from the fears that hold us back from the life God has planned for us. When you are sure that God only wants the best for you and that he will meet all of you need you will stop asking "Are you sure?" and start saying "In you Christ I am sure".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home