klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

1 Timothy 4:12 (New King James Version)


12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.



Here while back I wrote a blog God to the rescue again
I had a lot of people want to help. I had a lot of people that said they would do this or that. I also had a young man Tyler Gist, that said he wanted to help. But he wasn’t sure how he could. I encouraged him.

The Youth group from Palmetto church of Christ got busy. I do not know what they did for their fund raiser, what I do know is that they were able to raise money to feed the needy families here and sent the money down with Tasha. When she gave it to me I was so amazed. God will use his children as long as we are open to him. These young people were not only open but excited. The excitement that that teens bring to everything they do is a powerful inspiration to the rest of us.

These young people embody the verse in Timothy. They saw a need; they felt called to act on this, to help others, to reach out. And most importantly they did.

I want to say a special thank you to each of you, I don’t know all of your names but I saw your hearts. I thank you for caring for people you have never met, for being open. For taking the responsibility to help others in need.

You are an example not only to other teens but too many adults who often feel that we can’t do anything because of our circumstances. I have many people who want to help but feel that they are not financially able to help, or that they have too many responsibilities, or that they are too young, so many excuses. But you are an example of how you don’t have to do it alone, when you look to God he will give the inspiration and the resources you need.

I thank you for looking at the big picture, for bonding together to make a difference and for being an encouragement to the rest of us, reminding us that we can make a difference!

Here are a few of the children you are helping!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home