klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Monday, November 26, 2007

Chicken feet are really cheap here, (I know, can you believe it!)
Well as you know our budget is tight and we work diligently to find ways to cut cost, but still give the children something they like and something nutritious. We search high and low and spend a lot of time shopping at fresh markets and buying things in advance and stocking up when they are on sale, just trying to be good stewards of the funds entrusted to us.

Therefore chicken feet. They are really cheap and the kids really like them. I mean whenever I see them I am always like: Jen can’t we spring for wings this week? But so often the funds are just not there so feet it is. I have to be honest I have never tried them. I know that it is a chicken but I just can seem to lift that foot up to my mouth and suck on a toe like all the kids do. They make fun of me and tell me what good food I’m missing but……………that is just one of the pleasures of Honduras I will have to miss out on. Just can’t do it.

Well we have had a few brave souls that were willing to bite the bullet or in this case the toe. Katrina has tried them and she claims they taste like chicken (heard that before) and Jen was force fed one but I think she only got a little sauce on her and didn’t actually eat feet.

I had a couple of friends come down from South Carolina to work and make a CD for us. Well Tasha decided as soon as she saw the big bag of frozen feet in my truck she was up for giving it a try. Now her Mom, Tammy was another story and wasn’t even sure about Tasha trying them.

But Tasha has a strong will, and really, when is she likely to get the great opportunity of having chicken feet again. This could be a once in a life time experience she remembers and treasures or feels nauseous over for the rest of her life.


After the ladies prepare them by first removing the toenails (yep they have toenails and you have to remove them before you serve them) they boiled them in this red tomatoes based sauce and served them over rice.


So Tasha grabbed a bowl along with Katrina and Bryan and jumped in with both feet. Ha-ha just a little foot humor. But she ate it, yep she really did, this is not trick photography and I have witnesses that will testify.

She said they were alright. Kinda like chicken. (Heard that before)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home