klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Tuesday, June 03, 2008



As most of you know there has been an airplane accident here in Honduras. I have tried to get information but it is sketchy at best and changes from hour to hour.

I do not know when the airport will reopen for large commercial flights and I do not know how this is going to affect travel plans and or prices.
I have known for years that this airport is dangerous and that it is a very short runway and when I first started flying here I was pretty scared. And then I just got use to everything going smooth. We come and go and never even think about it. I have even sent the girls on flights by themselves several times without the thought that they might not make it safe and sound.


I would still fly in here. Accidents happen everywhere and while there is a greater risk here it is one I am comfortable taking, but what this plane accident did do was remind me how fast life can change. You know that people who boarded that plane had no idea that is could have been the last time they kissed their family goodbye, that it could have been the last time they saw their children. What we often put off until tomorrow may never get done. I am not talking about housework, mowing the grass or paying bills, I am talking about mending fences, I am talking about your children never doubting that they were loved, that friends and family know that they were important in your life and I am talking about walking with Jesus. How often do we put off telling our friend, our co-worker or even our family about the salvation that is waiting for them in their fathers arms. How often do we “wait for a better time” or we don’t want to "offend", that we don’t want to “cause waves” so we think well tomorrow we will talk to them, next time I see my friend then I will say something. We need to remember this may be the last time. I think this song from Casting Crowns is a great reminder for all of us.


"Here I Go Again""Here I Go Again"


Father, hear my prayer I need the perfect words Words that he will hear And know they're straight from You I don't know what to say I only know it hurts To see my only friend slowly fade away So maybe this time I'll speak the words of life With Your fire in my eyes But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words What am I so afraid of? 'Cause here I go again Talkin 'bout the rain And mulling over things that won't live past today And as I dance around the truth Time is not his friend This might be my last chance to tell him That You love Him But here I go again, here I go again Lord, You love him so, You gave Your only Son If he will just believe; he will never die But how then will he know what he has never heard Lord he has never seen mirrored in my life This might be my last chance to tell him That You love him This might be my last chance to tell him That You love him You love him, You love him What Am I so afraid What am I so afraid What am I so afraid of? How then will he know What he has never heard
.





My heart goes out to the families of those who were killed on the Taca Flight on Friday, May 30, 2008. I am praying for the peace and comfort that only the Father can give them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home