klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Tuesday, July 17, 2007


Well I have been home for about 2 weeks or so and I am completely wiped out. Since the moment I got off of the plane I have not stopped. I am so sorry about the lack of communication and I could make a thousand excuses but the truth is just I have been beat and sleep verses blog, well as you know sleep won hands down.



When I got off of the airplane (after reporting my luggage had not arrived) I was surrounded by friends and family. I truly felt like a movie star. I know everyone was wondering who I was. I had babies in my arms, children hanging on my legs, women throwing themselves in my arms with tears of joy. It was great to be home. I think heaven will be a lot like this, a terrific homecoming.



I am so happy to be back in this overcrowded, dirty, smelly third world country that I was giddy. I know it makes no sense how I could not wait to be here after leaving the beautiful state of Florida, but then again when does love make sense?



Now I am not in love with the dirt, smell and overcrowding but I am crazy in love with the people and the opportunities that I have here to help meet not only physical needs but spiritual needs as well and to have my needs met at the same time.

Why did God place this desire to be here in my heart? I have no idea, but I do know that they say home is where your heart is and until I get to heaven this is as close to home as it gets for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said, Melissa. I admire what you are doing. Thanks for putting life in the right perspective. Rob and Debbie Combs

5:15 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

BEAUTIFUL my friend. Resonates with this heart for sure. I miss you, let's meet for dinner or something soon! Love ya. JEN

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home