klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So many people thank me for what I am doing here.
I feel like such a fraud.
How can I accept thanks for getting to live an amazing life and serve an amazing God?
I am the one who is thankful,

Thankful to a God who has put me in this place and chosen to use me of all people.
Why? I have no idea.
There are others so much more qualified, more eloquent, more knowledgeable, more spiritual, just plain more everything and yet
here I am.

Thankful to friends and family who lift me up in prayer,
prayers for strength and wisdom, prayers that rise daily to our father
and he has been faithful to answer.
I know without my prayer support some days I could not go on.

Thankful to those who have donated their funds to the work here
and have entrusted me to spend the money in the way that they have dedicated it to be spent.
I always offer to send the receipts for all of the funds
but so often people say that they trust me and that it is not necessary.
I pray that I will never fail their trust
and that they know that I view this money not as theirs or mine
but as Gods and I will serve to the best of my ability.

Thankful to those who come to stay with us and work here.
I love have the chance to share the work that God is doing
in the community with others,
to watch them fall in love with the children,
to make friendships with the adults
to have a special time to be used by God and to be filled back up with God.
It is a joy to serve side by side with my brothers and sisters.
Thankful to those who email and comment on the blog and to me personally.
Sometimes that outside voice of encouragement is a light in the dark.
Thankful to those at home who silently work behind the scenes
to get the day to day boring things done
that have to be done in order for us to be here doing what we do.
Do they know that they in turn are serving God?
No it is not the spotlight job,
but the foundation of any building is the most important
and our foundation is solid and strong because of friends and family
who freely give their time and energy to help keep things running while we are not there.
I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given in this life
and for the eternal life I will one day have in heaven
because my savior chose to give his life on a cross for me.
I have been blessed beyond measure,
my joy knows no bounds,
I am set free,
I am loved
and I have been chosen. (So have you)
Remember you were made to love God and to be loved by him.
Melissa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think about you and your family every day. May God bless us all with the joy He has given you.

BTW, you're quite the writer!!

The SRQ Coopers

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the church could see the work you are doing. how you are changing lives, the mind set of so many of a succesful mission is how many are baptized. May God continue to bless your work.
Hope to see you soon

NIC

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home