klugezone

The Gospel is about transformation-the transformation of our lives by the life of Christ within us. We have to ask ourselves: Do our lives reflect the grace,truth, and love we have received through Christ?* *shine

My Photo
Name:
Location: Honduras

Monday, July 23, 2007



Bear Hugs are being sent out to the children of Central church of Christ in Sarasota.










In July when a group came from Sarasota they brought a bunch of teddy bears stuffed at their VBS to give to our children here in Mololoa.










The children loved receiving a




gift from the children in the states.









But what really made the difference was that the group brought a bunch of bears for our children to stuff. I can tell you that my kiddos had a great time stuffing the bears and I loved watching them.









What was really important was that for a change our children here were making something to give to the children in the states. They don't have many opportunities to give to others.

The children here are very giving, but they have limited resources. I have been given numerous bunches of flowers, beads, little notes, a pretty rock, just little things that are as precious as the most beautiful jewels. What makes them so special is that they are giving from their hearts. I hate taking the small treasures from them but I know that giving them to me is a great source of joy and pride for them. It reminds me of the widows mites.

I can not tell you how happy it makes the children to be able to do something for someone. It was really a special day for all of us watching the children giggling and stuffing the bears, taking special care to make sure the arms and legs were stuffed well and the Velcro fastened.

So here is a super big bear hug to everyone at Central Church of Christ who made it possible for my children to know the joy of giving.

Melissa


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home